Terms & Conditions
Kindly take note that Bergsicht Country Cottages, its owners, Hauptfleisch Broers Boerdery/Vrolikheid Farm, its directors, its employees, and its successors in title (hereinafter jointly and severally referred to as “Bergsicht”) shall not be liable for any loss, expense, damage, personal injury, illness, or death sustained by any person that may occur as a result of persons entering and/or staying and utilising the facilities at our Bergsicht properties.
All activities carried out on the Bergsicht premises are undertaken at your own risk, and Bergsicht is indemnified by you against any claims or legal action arising from any of the activities on Bergsicht.
By entering the premises of Bergsicht, you shall be deemed to have waived all rights you may have to pursue any legal proceedings against Bergsicht as a result of any injury, illness, death, expense, loss, or other damage suffered by yourself, and you indemnify Bergsicht from any claims arising from similar rights on behalf of your dependents.
I fully understand and agree to abide by all the terms and conditions and, if applicable, to communicate these terms and conditions to all other members of my group.
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions, as set out on our website and as may be amended from time to time, apply to all our listings directly or indirectly made available online, through any mobile device, by email, or by telephone. By accessing, browsing, and using our website or any of our listings through whatever platform and/or by completing a reservation, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood, and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below.
Please read our policies, terms, and conditions very carefully (see below). It has all the information needed to secure a booking and to ensure understanding should a booking be cancelled or postponed. Agreeing to our policies, terms, and conditions is as binding as any other form of contract.
Please click on the DOWNLOAD INDEMNITY FORM Button (see above)
INVOICE: A PROFORMA invoice will be sent to you as proof that payment(s) have been received.
WORKING FRUIT FARM:
Bergsicht Country Cottages (excluding the town apartments Disa and Ixia) are located on a functioning fruit farm, and it's important to be aware of the farm's activities and the movement of workers, vehicles, and machinery. The farm sometimes operates during the night to ensure all necessary work is completed.
FARM ROADS AND DRIVING ON THE FARM:
The speed limit on the farm is 10 km/h, and guests are required to use the same roads used for farming. It's crucial to keep an eye on the speedometer, as excessive dust from speeding can negatively impact the quality of our fruit.
The farm roads are accessible with a regular vehicle; a 4x4 vehicle is not necessary. However, it is not recommended to use sports cars or cars with very low ground clearance in this environment.
Banking details for EFT payments:
N.B. Please use the NBID (booking id) of your booking as the reference for the Bank Transfer/Deposit.
Acc. Name: A. Hauptfleisch Bank: Absa Branch: 632005 Acc.No.:4085548700 Acc Type: Current
• When a credit card is used for payment you are using the ONLINE PAYBRIDGE 3D Gateway, a service that is part of Logos, Ethos & Pathos Consulting (Pty) Ltd - trading as Nightsbridge.
• This is valid for all direct online reservations via our website and booking.com.
(Travelground, AfriStay, and SafariNow bookings are exempt)
• ALL information sent to us is treated with serious confidentiality. We will not use any information provided by you for any other purpose other than record-keeping.
Arrival, Departure & Keys Collection - SELF CHECK-IN
Skip the formalities, enjoy contactless convenience:
• CHECK-IN: from 15:00 pm.
• CHECK OUT: 10:00 am on the day of departure.
- Pay your way seamlessly: No cash, no lines, just simple contactless billing.
- Be your own boss: Check-in and out at your own pace with our self-service system.
- Arrive prepared: Complete tasks beforehand for a smooth transition.
- Read up: All the info you need is right at your fingertips.
- Got questions? We are here. Our friendly staff is always happy to help.
Midweek (Mo | Tu | We | Th) One or more nights can be booked
Weekends (Fr | Sat | Sun): Minimum 2 Nights or more can be booked
Certain dates around school holidays, public holidays and long weekends have special minimum stay requirements varying from 3 to 4 nights.
- Children aged between 0 - 2 years stay free.
- Children aged between 2 - 12 pay a pro-rata rate as per our rate structure
- Children older than 12 will be charged as adults.
- No children (0 – 18) are allowed at our Couples Cottages or OUTPOST.
- Farm Cottages that are family friendly: Ruby Star, African Delight
PRIVACY & No Nose
- We ask that you please respect the peace & quiet we offer to all our guests, low to no noise.
- Please keep noise levels respectful, especially after 20:00. This means being mindful of music, parties, and other activities that might disturb neighbors. Let's all be mindful of noise levels to create a peaceful environment for everyone.
- Right of admission is reserved only to guests that have booked and are staying at the cottages.
Please respect others by remaining modestly dressed in swimming costumes when using your hot tub.
DAMAGE & BREAKAGES
• We are sure that you will take care whilst you stay with us, and we acknowledge that accidents sometimes happen. We do however reserve the right to invoice you for any damage or breakages which we consider to be deliberately or recklessly caused, for any items discovered missing after you depart or for the cost of the room for any period for which it is considered unusable due to damage.
• Due to the very strict water restrictions in place, we ask that you do not use any soap/bubble products in the wood fire heated hot tub. It reacts with the chlorine and damages the filtration system. It takes 2000 – 3000 litres to drain, clean, flush and refill a tub. Should this happen you will be fined R 2000-00.
• By booking with us we assume that you have read through our T’s & C’s, you understand and accept that you will receive an invoice that you will have to settle via EFT or in cash upon departure or after the fact for any damage or breakage.
• Smoking is strictly prohibited in all our cottages. Please respect others by not smoking inside.
• NO cigarette smoking, “hubbly bubblies”, e-cigarettes, vaping or burning of incense sticks are allowed inside the accommodation.
• Please make use of the patio areas should you wish to smoke.
• To secure the enjoyment of all our guests we regret no pets are allowed.
Cancellation and Postponement Policy
If you cancel within 7 days before your arrival, you forfeit 100% of the booking total.
If cancelling 14 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the deposit.
If cancelling 21 days before arrival, forfeit 50% of the deposit.
If cancelling 30 days before arrival, forfeit 0% of the deposit.
Contact us to find out more about our postponement policy.
No postponement requests will be considered within 14 days of arrival.
We reserve the right to not refund card fees (transaction costs) in the case of any cancellation or situation where funds need to be reversed back to a credit card.
We reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notification.