Terms and Conditions
Thank you for choosing Bergsicht Country Cottages as your travel destination.
These terms and conditions, as may be amended from time to time, apply to all our listings directly or indirectly made available online, through any mobile device, by email or by telephone. By accessing, browsing and using our (mobile) website or any of our listings through whatever platform and/or by completing a reservation, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below.
Please read our policies, terms & conditions very carefully (see below). It has all the information needed to secure a booking and to ensure an understanding, should a booking be cancelled or postponed.
Agreeing to our policies, terms and conditions is as binding as any other form of contract. Please complete your information and sign at the bottom of the form.
Procedure to follow to confirm & secure your Booking:
- Please send the POP, registration and ID to us within 48 hours of it being sent to you.
- Your provisional booking will be confirmed and secured when we acknowledge receipt of the required documents, before that, the booking will only be regarded as provisional.
- Provisional bookings are only kept for 48 hours, after which the system automatically deletes them.
- A special arrangement needs to be made if you wish to make payment at a different date. If the payment is not received by this set date the system deletes the provisional booking.
- The above terms apply to direct (telephone, email or our website) bookings that are payable via EFT/bank deposit.
- Afristay, Booking.com, Safari Now, TravelGround, clients that have successfully paid via Credit Card must still fill in the registration form, sign the credit card transaction and send back the documents we need
Important Documents we require:
- Proof of the deposit payment (within 48 hours) if you booked directly (telephone/email/own website) with us. Please refer to our payment policy below for further details. Credit Card payments have specific requirements, please refer to the section below marked Paybridge.
- The Registration Form which will be sent to you- completed & signed
- Copy of valid identification: ID / a Passport / a Driver’s License
BANKING Details for EFT payments:
Acc. Name: A. Hauptfleisch Bank: ABSA Branch: 632005
Acc. No.:408 554 8700 Acc Type: Current
NB. Please use the Reference on the invoice for the Bank Transfer/Deposit.
- A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking, to be paid by EFT/Bank deposit/ credit card via Paybridge.
- If you book within 7 days of arrival full payment is required;
- Full payment applies for one-night reservations (Minimum Stay Terms & Conditions apply);
An invoice will be sent to you with Bergsicht’s bank account details and payment reference number. Please use this reference number. If you have booked via an online supplier, we will still send the invoice as proof that payment has been received via the online supplier.
- For all credit card payments, an online secure gateway Paybridge - is used (Please refer to the Paybridge section below explaining in detail)
- Please note there are NO credit card payment facilities on site, therefore, we are not able to process any card payments and we do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards.
- The balance owing is payable 7 days before the date of arrival via EFT / Direct bank deposit. We will send a reminder for the balance payment.
- Special arrangement can be made to pay the balance in cash on arrival, we prefer bank transfers.
When a credit card is used for payment you are using the ONLINE PAYBRIDGE 3D Gateway, a service that is part of Logos, Ethos & Pathos Consulting (Pty) Ltd - trading as Nightsbridge.This is valid for all direct online reservations via our website and booking.com.(Travelground, AfriStay, SafariNow bookings are exempt)
Banks require card present as proof of a stay. (reason: Fraud and chargeback prevention)
Since we do not have a check-in desk or reception (guests go straight to their cottages) we ask you kindly to send us a COPY OF THE FRONT of the card used to pay for accommodation & as proof of stay.
- The PayBridge slip will only display the first 6 and last 4 digits of the card, you can blank out the same numbers as on this document, for security reasons.
- The name on the card must match the guest's ID and the card number must match with what is on this PayBridge slip. Please send a signed copy of this slip with the card and ID present on the document.
- ALL information sent to us is treated with serious confidentiality. We will not use any information provided by you for any other purpose other than record-keeping.
- If you would rather not send it via email you can send it in a WhatsApp message to +27 79 435 2124. Alternatively, you can arrange to bring completed copies with for handover upon arrival. (Remember we have no check-in desk, please advise us when you have arrived so we can meet to finalize the paperwork)
Arrival, Departure & your Key collection
You will be able to check-in between the hours of 14:00 and 19:00 unless otherwise arranged.
Remember we do not have a reception/check-in desk, the keys are at the cottage.
Please let us know your estimated time of arrival, to ensure that your accommodation is ready for you.
The written directions and key collection instructions for your cottage are attached to your reservation email. Please use this, a lot of care has been taken to ensure that you arrive at your destination.
We request that you vacate your cottage by 10:00 am on the day of departure unless otherwise arranged.
Midweek (Sundays – Thursdays) One or more nights can be booked
Weekends: 2 Nights or more can be booked
Certain dates around school holidays, public holidays and long weekends have special minimum stay requirements varying from 2 to 4 nights
All children under the age of 12 require adult supervision near the hot tubs/ pools and when moving about on the farm. We have farm equipment constantly moving about.
Children aged between 0 and 1 stay free. Children aged between 2 - 12 pay R150.00.Children older than 12 will be charged as adults.
- No children (0 – 18) are allowed at Lady Red or Angelino cottage.
We ask that you please respect the peace we offer to all our guests.
We do not do functions or parties at our cottages. No loud noise or loud music after 22:00.
Right of admission is reserved to guests staying at the cottages.
Damage and Breakage
We are sure that you will take care whilst you stay with us, and we acknowledge that accidents sometimes happen. We do however reserve the right to invoice you for any damage or breakages which we consider to be deliberately or recklessly caused, for any items discovered missing after you depart or for the cost of the room for any length of time for which it is considered unusable due to damage.
Due to the water restrictions in place, we ask that you do not use any soap/bubble products in the wood fire heated hot tub. It reacts with the chlorine and damages the filtration system. It takes 2000 – 3000 litres to drain, clean, flush and refill a tub.
Should this happen you will be fined R 2000-00.
By agreeing to our terms and conditions, you understand that you will receive an invoice that you will have to settle via EFT or in cash upon departure or after the fact.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in all our cottages. Please respect others by not smoking inside.
NO cigarette smoking, “hubbly bubblies”, e-cigarettes, vaping or burning of incense sticks are allowed inside accommodation.
Please make use of the patio areas should you wish to smoke.