Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions as set out on our website, and may be amended from time to time, apply to all our listings directly or indirectly made available online, through any mobile device, by email or by telephone. By accessing, browsing and using our (mobile) website or any of our listings through whatever platform and/or by completing a reservation, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below.
Please read our policies, terms & conditions very carefully (see below). It has all the information needed to secure a booking and to ensure an understanding, should a booking be cancelled or postponed. Agreeing to our policies, terms and conditions is as binding as any other form of contract. Please read through and sign at the bottom of the form.
Important Requirements for your stay:
We offer a contactless billing process, check-in and check-out experience to our guests. To be able to offer this we ask that you take note of the below important information.
Provisional bookings are only kept for 48 hours, after which the system automatically delete it.
Your provisional booking can only be confirmed and secured when we receive:
DEPOSIT PAYMENT: Multi-Day Stay: 50% deposit payment secures.
100% payment if you book within 10 days of arrival.
One-night Stay: 100% payment secures. (Minimum Stay T’s & C’s apply)
FINAL PAYMENT: Any outstanding balances must be paid 7 days before your arrival.
Please email the proof of payment to [email protected]
PAYMENT AT A DIFFERENT DATE: Please speak to us if you wish to pay later.
If the payment is not received by this determined date the system deletes the provisional booking.
PAYMENT TYPE: Only EFT/Bank deposit/credit card via Paybridge, NO CASH.
Must email the Proof of Payment to [email protected]
Credit Card: For all credit card payments, an online secure 3D gateway Paybridge is used
(Almost like when you are buying something from an online shop). We do not have access to this system, only you can process a payment via a link as the link is connected to your email and cellphone number.
You can request that we send you a card payment link, if you wish to pay via card. There are NO credit card payment facilities on site.
We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards.
(Credit Card payments have specific requirements, please refer to the section marked Paybridge.)
PAPERWORK: The Indemnity form with our T’s & C’s we will email to you. This is a must read, sign & email to us within 48 hours.
Copy of valid identification: ID / a Passport / a Driver’s License
ONLINE CHECK-IN: We will send a registration check in line a day or two before your arrival
Online Trading Agent (OTA) Reservation: Clients that made a booking via an OTA and successfully paid via Paybridge/CC/Bank Deposit must still sign this form, sign the card transaction (if applicable) and send these back as set out here.
INVOICE: An invoice will be sent to you. Our bank account details and a payment reference number will appear here. Please use this reference number. If you have booked via an online supplier, we will still send an invoice as proof that payment has been received via the online supplier.
WORKING FRUIT FARM: Please note Bergsicht Country Cottages (with the exclusion of town cottages Disa and Ixia), is situated on a working fruit farm. We really try and accommodate everyone in this matter, but should you hear workers in the orchards or a spray tractor now and then, please keep in mind we are a working farm.
BANKING Details for EFT payments:
N.B. Please use the Reference on the invoice for the Bank Transfer/Deposit.
Acc. Name: A. Hauptfleisch Bank: Absa Branch: 632005 Acc.No.:4085548700 Acc Type: Current
• When a credit card is used for payment you are using the ONLINE PAYBRIDGE 3D Gateway, a service that is part of Logos, Ethos & Pathos Consulting (Pty) Ltd - trading as Nightsbridge.
• This is valid for all direct online reservations via our website and booking.com.
(Travelground, AfriStay, SafariNow bookings are exempt)
• Banks require card present as proof of a stay. (reason: Fraud and chargeback prevention)
Since we offer a contactless billing, check-in and check-out process (guests go straight to their cottages),
we ask you kindly to send us a COPY OF THE FRONT of the card used to pay for accommodation &
as proof of stay.
• The PayBridge slip will only display the first 6 and last 4 digits of the card, for security reasons, you can blank out the same numbers as on this document.
• The name on the card must match the guest's ID and the card number must match with what is on this PayBridge slip. Please send a signed copy of this slip with the card and ID present on the document.
• ALL information sent to us is treated with serious confidentiality. We will not use any information provided by you for any other purpose other than record-keeping.
• If you would rather not send it via email you can send it in a WhatsApp message to the business cellphone +27 79 435 2124. (Remember we offer a contactless check-in experience)
Arrival, Departure & Keys Collection
We offer a contactless billing process, check-in and check-out experience to our guests.
• CHECK IN: You will ONLY be able to check-in from 15:00.
Please understand that this can not be changed due to the time needed for cleaning and sanitising protocols.
• Keys & Directions: The written directions and key collection instructions for your cottage are attached to your reservation email. Please use this, a lot of care has been taken to ensure that you arrive at your destination.
• CHECK OUT: We request that you vacate your cottage by 10:00 am on the day of departure unless otherwise arranged.
• Midweek (Sundays – Thursdays) One or more nights can be booked
• Weekends: 2 Nights or more can be booked
• Certain dates around school holidays, public holidays and long weekends have special minimum stay requirements varying from 2 to 4 nights
• Children aged between 0 and 1 stay free. Children aged between 2 - 12 pay R150.00.
• Children older than 12 will be charged as adults.
• No children (0 – 18) are allowed at Lady Red or
We ask that you please respect the peace & quiet we offer to all our guests.
• No loud noise or music after 22:00. No private functions or parties please.
• Right of admission is reserved only to guests that have booked and are staying at the cottages.
• Please respect others by remaining modestly dressed in swimming costumes when using your hot tub.
Damage and Breakage
• We are sure that you will take care whilst you stay with us, and we acknowledge that accidents sometimes happen. We do however reserve the right to invoice you for any damage or breakages which we consider to be deliberately or recklessly caused, for any items discovered missing after you depart or for the cost of the room for any period for which it is considered unusable due to damage.
• Due to the very strict water restrictions in place, we ask that you do not use any soap/bubble products in the wood fire heated the hot tub. It reacts with the chlorine and damages the filtration system. It takes 2000 – 3000 litres to drain, clean, flush and refill a tub.Should this happen you will be fined R 2000-00.
• By agreeing to our T’s & C’s, you understand and accept that you will receive an invoice that you will have to settle via EFT or in cash upon departure or after the fact for any damage or breakage.
• Smoking is strictly prohibited in all our cottages. Please respect others by not smoking inside.
• NO cigarette smoking, “hubbly bubblies”, e-cigarettes, vaping or burning of incense sticks are allowed inside accommodation.
• Please make use of the patio areas should you wish to smoke.
• To secure the enjoyment of all our guests we regret no pets allowed.
New Terms and Conditions apply to existing/new/provisional bookings in the system from the 1st of March 2020 up until the 21st of December 2020.
Should a guest of Bergsicht Country Cottages not wish or could not travel on the dates booked (within the above-mentioned period) due to the COVID-19 lockdown, this booking may only be amended and MOVED by up to 12 months at the same 2020 rates.
We reserve the right to alter these terms & conditions at any time (as set out on pg1) & as published on our website.
Kindly take note that Bergsicht Country Cottages, its owners, Hauptfleisch Broers Boerdery / Vrolikheid Farm, its directors, its employees and its successors in title (hereinafter jointly and severally referred to as “Bergsicht”) shall not be liable for any loss, expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death sustained by any person, that may occur as a result of persons entering and/or staying and utilizing the facilities at our Bergsicht properties.
All activities carried out on the Bergsicht premises are undertaken at your own risk and Bergsicht is indemnified by you against any claims or legal action arising from any of the activities on Bergsicht.
By entering the premises of Bergsicht, you shall be deemed to have waived all rights you may have to pursue any legal proceedings against Bergsicht as a result of any injury, illness, death, expense, loss or other damage, also as a result of the COVID 19 (Corona) virus suffered by yourself and you indemnify Bergsicht from any claims arising from similar rights on behalf of your dependents.
ALL information sent to us is treated with the utmost confidentiality. We will not use any information provided by you for any other purpose other than record-keeping.
I fully understand and agree to abide by all the above terms and conditions and, if applicable, to communicate these terms and conditions to all other members of my group