Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions, as may be amended from time to time, apply to all our listings directly or indirectly made available online, through any mobile device, by email or by telephone. By accessing, browsing and using our (mobile) website or any of our listings through whatever platform and/or by completing a reservation, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below.
Please read our policies, terms & conditions very carefully (see below). It has all the information needed to secure a booking and to ensure an understanding, should a booking be canceled or postponed. Agreeing to our policies, terms and conditions is as binding as any other form of contract.
Confirmation of Booking:
- Your provisional booking will be confirmed and secured when we acknowledge receipt of the required documents. These must be emailed to us within 48 hours of it being sent to you. Prior to that, the booking will only be regarded as provisional.
- Provisional bookings are only kept for 48 hours, after which the system automatically deletes them. We need a proof of payment to secure.
- Special arrangement needs to be made if you wish to make payment at a different date. If the payment is not received by this set date the system deletes the provisional booking.
Documents we require:
- Proof of the deposit payment if you booked directly (telephone/email/own website) with us. Please refer to our payment policy below for further details.
Credit Card payments have specific requirements, please refer to section below marked Paybridge
- The Registration form - completed & signed
- Copy of valid identification: ID / a Passport / a Driver’s License
- A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking, to be paid by EFT/Bank deposit/ credit card via Paybridge.
- If you book within 7 days of arrival full payment is required;
- Full payment applies for one-night reservations (Minimum Stay Terms & Conditions apply); An invoice will be sent to you with Bergsicht’s bank account details and payment reference number. Please use this reference number. If you have booked via an online supplier we will still send the invoice as proof that payment has been received via the online supplier.
- Credit Card: For all credit card payments, an online secure gateway Paybridge - is used
(Please refer to the Paybridge the section below explaining in detail)
- Please note there are NO credit card payment facilities on site, therefore, we are not able to process any card payments and we do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards.
- The balance owing is payable in the week (5 days) before the date of arrival via EFT / Direct bank deposit. We will send a reminder for the balance payment. Special arrangement can be made to pay the balance in cash on arrival.
BANKING Details for EFT payments:
- ACC. Name: A. Hauptfleisch Bank: Absa Branch: 632005 Acc. No.:4085548700 Acc Type: Current
N.B. Please use the Reference on the invoice for the Bank Transfer/Deposit.
- When a credit card is used for payment you are using the ONLINE PAYBRIDGE 3D Gateway, a service that is part of Logos, Ethos & Pathos Consulting (Pty) Ltd - trading as Nightsbridge.
- This is valid for all direct online reservations via our own website and booking.com, Travelground bookings are exempt.
- The payment transaction needs to be signed, whereby a copy will be sent to you.
- A COPY OF THE FRONT of the card used to pay for accommodation needs to be provided as proof of stay.
- A COPY OF the booking holders ID must be provided.
The name on the card must correspond with the guest's ID. (Reason: fraud prevention)
- For security purposes, we accept a cellphone message to facilitate the above-mentioned copies.
Please send to +27 79 435 2124.
- Alternatively, you can make arrangement to bring copies with for handover upon arrival.
(Remember no reception you are met at your cottage)
- Midweek (Sundays – Thursdays) One or more nights can be booked
- Weekends: 2 Nights or more can be booked
- Certain dates around school holidays, public holidays and long weekends have special minimum stay requirements varying from 2 to 4 nights
Arrival, Departure & Key Collection
- You will be able to check in between the hours of 14:00 and 19:00, unless otherwise arranged.
- Remember we do not have a reception/check-in desk, we will meet you at your cottage.
- Please let us know your estimated time of arrival, to ensure that your accommodation is ready for you.
- The written directions and key collection instructions for your cottage are attached to your reservation email. Please use this, a lot of care has been taken to ensure that you arrive at your destination.
- We request that you vacate your cottage by 10:00 am on the day of departure unless otherwise arranged.
- Children aged between 0 and 2 stay free. Children aged between 3 and 12 pay R100.00. Children older than 12 will be charged as adults
- No children allowed at Lady Red or Angelino cottage.
- All children under the age of 12 require adult supervision near the hot tubs/ pools and when walking about on the farm. We have farm equipment constantly moving about.
- We ask that you please respect the peace and quiet we offer to all our guests.
- No loud noise or loud music after 23:00.
Damage and Breakage
We are sure that you will take care whilst you stay with us, and we acknowledge that accidents sometimes happen. We do however reserve the right to invoice you for any damage or breakages which we consider to be deliberately or recklessly caused, for any items discovered missing after you depart or for the cost of the room for any period of time for which it is considered unusable due to damage.
Due to the very strict water restrictions in place, we ask that you do not use any soap/bubble products in the wood fire heated hot tub. It reacts with the chlorine and damages the filtration system. It takes 2000 – 3000 litres to drain, clean, flush and refill a tub.
Should this happen you will be fined R 2000-00.
In agreeing to our terms and conditions, you understand that you will receive an invoice that you will have to settle via EFT or in cash upon departure or after the fact.
• Smoking is strictly prohibited in all our cottages.
• NO cigarette smoking, “hubbly bubblies”, e-cigarettes or vaping are allowed inside accommodation.
• Please make use of the patio areas should you wish to smoke.
Sorry, we do not accept any pets. You will be fined R 200-00 for bringing a pet.
Cancellation by you
- Cancellations made within 10 days of the scheduled arrival date require full payment.
- Cancellations made within a month of the scheduled arrival date will be refunded 50% of the deposit amount.
- Cancellations made a month or more prior to the scheduled arrival date will be 100% refundable.
- If you cancel before arrival or fail to check in ("no-show") or leave before your due departure date, we reserve the right to charge you for the full balance due for the whole of your booking,
- NOTE: Where possible we will try and re-let the accommodation to see if we can facilitate a full refund for points 1 -3. If the accommodation is not re-let, the cancellation policy stands as set out in points 1 -3.
Cancellation by us
- In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel your booking, due to circumstances beyond our control, we will attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If suitable accommodation is not available (or unacceptable to you) then we will refund all monies already paid by you and confirm that you will not be liable for any further payments to us.
Please request a booking postponement in writing and send via email, we will gladly try and assist with suitable dates of alternative availability. If we can’t assist with suitable dates, please refer to our cancellation policy.
- All activities carried out on the premises are entirely at own risk.
- No owner or employee of Hauptfleisch Broers Boerdery / Vrolikheid Farm / Bergsicht Cottages will be held liable or legally responsible for any injury to person/s, loss of or damage to property of persons entering and/or staying at our properties.
- ALL information sent to us is treated with the utmost confidentiality. We will not use any information provided by you for any other purpose other than record keeping.
- As a guest of Bergsicht Country Cottages, guests agree to abide by all the above terms and conditions and, if applicable, to communicate these terms and conditions to all other members of their group.